Custom forms, including completely custom fields, graphics, videos, specific CSS, and all kinds of other touches, are easy to make in the BombBomb video email marketing software.
Our first post about custom forms shows you how to build them. A follow-up post describes why and how you might use them as simple landing pages.
Here, we’ll describe another specific, unique use case for custom forms that you may not have considered.
Using Custom Forms to Quickly and Easily Follow Up with New Leads:
The use of forms described in the video above is a great way for real estate agents to connect with new leads quickly, easily, actively, and on-site through a simple, custom form. The hypothetical situation is one in which an agent gets a handful of names and email addresses at an open house, then follows up with a video email thanking prospective buyers for visiting, reminding them about the unique features of the home, and inviting them to schedule a private showing … automatically! This is an especially useful differentiator for those prospects who’ve looked at several homes over a weekend.
Though the example here is a real estate agent at an open house, this concept can be applied to any live, in-person situation in which you’re meeting people. Think: initial client meeting, industry convention, trade show, or networking event.
The Process Inside BombBomb:
- Create a new list for the event, situation, or use case.
- Create an incredibly simple custom form (first name, last name, email address, phone number).
- Link the form to the list (watch video above).
- Decide if you want to send an automatic email follow up or if you’ll follow up manually later on.
- If so, make the email and hook it up to the form as an autoresponder.
- Consider creating a delay by creating and sending a one-email drip, rather than an immediate autoresponder (watch video above).
- Set the closing action as a “Redirect to URL” and send it back to the form (see photo below).
The Process On Your iPad, iPhone, Droid, Or Other Mobile Device:
- Make note of the shortened vid.us url of your form (see image above).
- Navigate to your form using your browser.
- See that address becomes a longer “app.bombbomb.com/app/form…” url.
- Create a shortcut to that url on your home screen or desktop (watch video above).
- Test your link to the form and test the form by bringing it up, filling it out, and submitting it.
- If you decide to go back to BombBomb to modify any aspects of the form, your mobile shortcut will still work.
The Process On Site:
- Pop up the form from your mobile device home screen as needed.
- Enter the name and email address of new people you meet with whom you’d like to follow up.
- Click “submit” to trigger all the actions you set up – adding contact info to the list, sending an autoresponder or drip (if set up), and redirecting back to the form ready for another contact entry.
Try this out and, as always, please share your feedback! We love to learn how you’re using these ideas, creating your own, and making the most of your video email marketing software. Click here to contact BombBomb.
Click To See: Using Custom Forms As Simple Landing Pages
Click To See: How To Build Custom Forms in BombBomb
Send Video Email Today:
Send unlimited emails and video emails to up to 50 contacts for 2 weeks by starting your free trial.